Thursday 28 October 2010

Film studies Elective

Last day of film studies elective today, really enjoyed it!
we've watched a few films this week - Monday was western genre and we watched George Steven's Shane. I then watched High Noon at home that evening which was good. I was surprised as I didn't think I would enjoy western films but actually i did.
Tuesday was film noir - we watched Murder my sweet (aka farewell my lovely) which is based on a novel by Raymond Chandler.
Wednesday we looked at Alfred Hitchcock as an Auteur and watched his 1954 film Rear Window, I really enjoyed this and it's made me want to look at some more of Hitchcocks films.
Today we looked at documentary film and french new wave, i'm really interested in producing some documentary film myself so today was a good day for me. We watched about half an hour of Agnes Varda's 1962 film Cleo 5 till 7, which was good and i'd like to watch the rest of that, then we watched one of her documentaries about Gleaners in france which was really interesting.
For my final project i'm going to look at Tarrantino as an Auteur and in particular his film Kill Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment